A-10A USAF 57th WG, Nellis AFB 1:72 HA1328
Material: Diecast metal
The 57th Wing located at Nellis AFB is home to 19 squadrons each with a different assignment.
One of these squadrons is the 66th Weapons School that was originally activated in January
1941 as the 66th Pursuit Squadron (Interceptor). A few re-designations and de-activations the
squadron was re-activated in 2003 as 66th Weapons School. Their job was to teach
graduate-level instructors in all aspects of the A-10 so after graduation they could return to active
units to provide other personnel with advanced instruction.